- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter, divided (smooth, crunchy, natural or regular is ok)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (salted or unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used 8 Belvita biscuits)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt (optional)
- Line a 9 by 9 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar and crumbs, and mix again on low speed until the mixture is uniform.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Tip: Another piece of parchment paper can be sprayed with nonstick spray to press down over the peanut butter mixture to avoid having it stick to your hands. The butter wrapper also works well!
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and add additional 10 seconds of time, as needed until smooth, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle with salt if desired, and then chill until set, about 2-3 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer. Cut into bars and keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg