- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup banana pulp mashed (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract, banana pulp, and Greek yogurt, mixing well after each ingredient.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Gradually add flour to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined on low speed.
- Mix in chocolate chips until well combined, saving a few to sprinkle over the top of each loaf.
- Pour batter evenly into 4 well greased mini loaf pans and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
For these mini loaves, I used metal pans that measure 3″ wide x 5 1/2″ long x 1 3/4″ deep. If you use a standard size loaf pan instead of mini loaf pans, check for doneness around 40-45 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Loaf
- Calories: 944
- Sugar: 85g
- Sodium: 677mg
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 141g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 155mg