Sweet corn tossed with butter, fresh lime, chili powder, cilantro, and queso fresco. Amazing!
- 6 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Boil the corn for 3 minutes, then remove and allow to cool slightly so that they can be handled.
- Cut kernels off the cob into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lime juice, chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the chili lime mixture over the corn and mix to coat.
- Add the crumbled queso freso and stir. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Queso fresco is a soft, mild, creamy Mexican cheese that can be crumbled easily. I found it at my local grocery store the cheese section, but if you cannot find it feta would be a good substitution.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 303mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 26mg