- 1 cup (2 sticks) good quality salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add all-purpose flour and then mix on low speed until fully incorporated and a dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Scoop dough out and place on a piece of plastic wrap. Place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough. Roll the dough out into a 6 by 8 inch rectangle, 1/2 inch thick. Use the sides of a ruler to make crisp edges.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into (24) 1 by 2 inch rectangles, using the ruler to make even cuts.
- Place the rectangles of dough on a baking sheet (all 24 will fit on a half sheet pan) and use a fork to poke holes into the top of the dough.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes at 325 degrees. The edges should just be turning golden brown. Remove the baked cookies and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg