A thin layer of creamy white chocolate over a buttery, flakey cracker with soft peppermint candies on top.
- 55 butter crackers
- 24 ounces white chocolate melting wafers or vanilla flavored candy coating
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or coconut oil
- 25 soft peppermint candies, crushed
- red and green sprinkles
- Lay out the butter crackers on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bring an inch of water to a simmer in a small pot. Turn the heat to low, and place a heat safe bowl on top. The bowl should not touch the simmering water.
- Place the white chocolate and oil into the bowl, stir occasionally as it melts. Do not allow any moisture to go into the white chocolate or it may seize up. Be patient with the step.
- When the chocolate is completely smooth, stir in the peppermint oil (optional), and pour it over the crackers and gently spread it evenly over the top.
- While the white chocolate is still unset, add the crushed peppermint candies and sprinkles to the top.
- Place the bark in the fridge for an hour until set, and then break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
I prefer not to microwave white chocolate because I’ve ruined one too many batches by trying to melt it too quickly. I find that the double boiler method takes longer, but is a safe way to go.
Keywords: butter cracker peppermint bark, butter crackers, white chocolate, peppermint candies, Christmas