These Best Ever Oh Henry Bars have a soft, chewy oat layer topped with fudgy peanut butter chocolate, pretzels, sea salt, and chopped peanuts. If you’ve never had one, you MUST make these!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Maldon Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish (I used glass) with a piece of parchment paper, leaving the ends hanging over the sides of the dish for easy removal later. Spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, salt and brown sugar together. Set aside.
- In a small microwave save bowl, heat corn syrup, butter, and 1/4 cup peanut butter for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, adding additional 10 second intervals in the microwave as needed.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture and the beaten egg into the oat mixture and stir together until evenly mixed.
- Spread the oat mixture into the prepared pan and use another piece of parchment on top to press down the oats firmly into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. In the meantime, melt chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for an additional 10-15 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the baked oat layer and spread to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle pretzels, peanuts, and sea salt over the top. Cool completely at room temperature for several hours or refrigerate 3 hours. Use the parchment paper handles to lift out of the pan for easy cutting.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 424
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
Keywords: best every oh henry bars, oat layer, peanut butter chocolate, pretzels, sea salt, chopped peanuts, dessert bars