These are the Best Creamy Lemon Bars I’ve ever tasted! They are sweet, tart, creamy and bursting with lemon flavor and sunshine.
For the Crust
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 sleeve (or 1 1/4 cups) graham crackers, crushed finely
For the Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- zest of one lemon
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, leaving two sides hanging over the edge for easy removal later.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the lined pan. Use the flat bottom of a measuring cup if needed. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, and then gradually increase speed to medium-high and whisk for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon batter over the graham cracker crust and bake for 15 minutes. Then cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- For the whipped cream, add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk on low speed for 1 minute, and then gradually increase speed to medium high until thick, and soft peaks form.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and mint leaves if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 654
- Sugar: 77g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
Keywords: best creamy lemon bars, creamy lemon bars, lemon bars, graham cracker crust, lemon filling, homemade whipped cream, dessert bars