- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread your coconut on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely, when most of the coconut is lightly browned, remove it from the oven and cool.
- In a high power blender (I used my Blendtec Twister Jar), or food processor, blend or pulse almonds until they are finely chopped.
- Pour the almonds into a medium bowl.
- Next, process or blend your dried apricots with the coconut oil and salt until you have a smooth paste.
- Pour the apricot paste into the bowl with the almonds and add your toasted coconut. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Line an 8×8 inch container or baking dish with parchment paper and scoop the apricot almond mixture into the dish. Press it firmly into the dish using another piece of parchment paper.
- Cover and freeze the bars for 2-3 hours, then lift the parchment paper out to cut into bars using a sharp knife.
- Return to the freezer, or keep them cold in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg