These Almond Paste Cookies are a uniquely textured almond cookie, with a crunchy exterior and a sweet, dense, chewy interior.
- 4 egg whites
- 16 ounces almond paste (not marzipan)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, crushed lightly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut almond paste into one-inch cubes. Add to the bowl of an electric stand mixer along with granulated sugar and powdered sugar. With the paddle mixer, beat until the texture is sandy.
- Add flour, salt, and almond extract and mix. Then add beaten egg whites, and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Scoop dough into rounded tablespoon-sized balls, and coat with sliced almonds. Place on lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
This recipe is adapted from Dishing Delish.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 37mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: almond paste cookies, Christmas cookies, holiday baking, cookies