I really can’t even call this one a recipe. It’s not even semi-homemade… It’s just really easy, and really good. Costco makes the best pound cake in their bakery. It is sold in a three pack and is called “All Butter Loaf”. And that it is! Layer the pound cake with freshly whipped cream, and sliced strawberries. I love this for a crowd because you can make it ahead of time, and it looks pretty served in clear classes. I use the rim of the glass to cut the pound cake into circles. Freeze extra loaves of pound cake for later use.
- Pound cake, or all butter loaf
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form.
- Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.
- Layer pound cake, cream, and top with strawberries.