I’ve heard people say that they don’t really care for pumpkin, unless it’s with cheesecake! While I happen to love all things pumpkin, I can totally get why even pumpkin party poopers get a little excited when it comes to pumpkin mixed with cheesecake, because it’s a total game changer. The two were meant to be. Like peanut butter and jelly, or like me and my yoga pants – we’re just better together!
I was really on board when my friends at Pacific Foods asked if I could develop a recipe using their Organic Pumpkin Puree. See that little box? It’s super easy to open (no can opener or scissors necessary) and if you don’t use it all in one recipe, you can close it back up and store the box in the fridge for another time, unlike canned pumpkin. So convenient!
One of the ways this cheesecake recipe is set apart from all the others is because the base is an oatmeal cookie crust. The texture it adds is so fantastic, and I love how the oatmeal and brown sugar pairs with the pumpkin pie spice.
When I brought this recipe over to my mom for her to taste (which I often do), she said, “This is OUTSTANDING! I’d rather have this than regular pumpkin pie!” Thanks for the love mom, you’re the best!
You’ll love the creamy cheesecake and pumpkin pie filling swirled together. It just looks so festive, and this would make such a great dessert for your Thanksgiving dinner. I love when I can make recipes a day or two in advance so that I can enjoy the holidays knowing that my dessert is waiting for me all sliced up and ready to serve in the fridge. Let me know if you try it out. Just love hearing about you all in your own lovely little kitchens!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir together. Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a parchment paper lined (or greased) 8 by 8 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream softened cream cheese and sugar together on low speed. Try not too over mix. It's always best with cheesecakes to avoid incorporating air as you mix the batter.
- Add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add flour and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together by hand the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, sugar, egg, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Add 1 cup of your cheesecake filling to the pumpkin pie filling and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling carefully and slowly over the crust.
- Place small amounts of the cheesecake batter (about 1-2 tablespoons each) randomly over the top of the pumpkin pie filling. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the cheesecake batter into the filling.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cool for an hour at room temperature, and then refrigerate 4 hours before cutting and serving.
Pacific Foods compensated me for my time spent developing and photographing this recipe, but as always, all opinions are my own.