One of my favorite little local shops just got a shipment of Utah peaches, so the natural thing to do was make an Easy Skillet Peach Crisp. This is one of the best and easiest desserts to make in my book. It brings all the comfort and coziness of pie without the hassle of rolling out a crust. It’s one of those rustic desserts that requires zero fussing. No pretty crimped edges, no neat slices. Just sweet, warm peaches with a blanket of crunchy, buttery oats and almonds.
Slice up those peaches, and add a little cornstarch and sugar (if needed) and your filling is done.
Then grab a bowl and mix some oats, flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter all together. That’s it, done! Told you it was easier than pie!
I made mine in an 8-inch skillet, but you could also use an 8×8 inch baking dish if that’s what you have.
The way that vanilla ice cream melts onto the warm peach crisp makes my heart go pitter patter! Go get some good peaches and make this so your heart can fall in love too!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sliced peaches with cornstarch and sugar, and place into a well buttered 8 inch skillet. You can also use an 8x8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, almonds, brown sugar, flour, and butter.
- Pour the oat topping over peaches in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature. Vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream is a good idea!