My sister in law showed me how to make these donuts when we were all staying at the cabin for the weekend. I’ve also made them when we go camping. Use paper bags to coat them in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and clean up is easy!
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits
- Heat 2-inches oil in a large pot to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the sugar and ground cinnamon, set aside.
- Lay out the biscuits on a cutting board and with a 1-1/2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out a hole from the middle of each biscuit.
- Fry them in the oil until golden and then flip with tongs to fry the other side. You can also fry the cut outs to make donut holes.
- Drain on paper towels and then toss in the cinnamon-sugar.