It’s Friday night, and I’m having a mommy retreat. It’s so wonderful, I can hardly stand it. I’m eating yummy food, taking in a movie, and just enjoying the sights all around me.
Where did I go you ask? Pretty much my favorite place EVER.
(insert contented sigh)
As in comfy PJ’s, peace and quiet, and the couch.
All of my sweet boys are out of the house cheering on their favorite hockey team, and I’m home just living it up like the crazy girl I am. This happens so very rarely that it has become such a treat! Mom is HOME ALONE!
Before the boys left, Little Boy #1 said to me very seriously, “You can do whatever you want while we are gone, Mom. No one will be here but you.” By the look on his face, I think he was picturing me jumping on the couch, coloring on the walls, or eating ice cream straight out of the carton!
So here I am, it’s just me and this lovely platter of red ripe strawberries nestled up to a big bowl of Creamy Pistachio Fruit Dip. This recipe came from my friend, Diane, and I just had to share it with you right away. Perfect shade of green for St. Patrick’s Day! You all – It’s divine. Please make some and love it like I do!
While I’ll be happy to see my boys’ sweet faces when they return, this mama is savoring every peaceful moment and each delicious bite!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3.5 ounce box instant pistachio flavored pudding
- 32 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 8 ounces heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- *The original recipe called for 8 ounces of Cool Whip in place of the whipped cream. The whipped cream makes the dip slightly less sweet than the original.
- In a large bowl, stir pudding mix into yogurt until mostly smooth. Some little lumps are okay as they will continue to dissolve as the dip chills.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks have formed. Fold the whipped cream into the yogurt/pudding mixture until well incorporated. Cover and chill for a couple of hours before serving.