Today I’m teaming up with Dave’s Killer Bread to bring you this recipe for the perfect lightened up Cranberry Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwich. Your lunchtime self will be so happy!
And they are very persuasive in their quest to get in my belly. Second cup of coffee and a handful of cookies makes a quick and delicious lunch. But let’s be honest, this is not the responsible thing to do.
Enter this equally festive and convenient Cranberry Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwich. So very pretty and much more the responsible adult thing to do for lunch.
And the best thing is you can make it once, and keep it in the fridge so your lazy lunchtime self hardly has to lift a finger.
I’m so in love with this sandwich, I’ve already made three batches in the last couple weeks! I love the zing of the cranberries and the crunch of the pistachios. It’s a really simple thing to make, especially with the help of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli. I also made it with half mayonnaise and half Greek yogurt to lighten it up so you don’t have worry about that one bit. (Read: more room for COOKIES.)
I paired this lovely salad with Dave’s Killer Bread Blues Bread, which is rolled in organic blue cornmeal, and adds a quick 10 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber per sandwich. BOOM! That’s how we do lunch properly, even around the holidays!
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices Dave's Killer Bread Blues Bread
- mixed baby greens
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Greek yogurt.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, pistachios, cranberries and parsley.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- Add poppy seeds, and fresh lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon onto bread, top with baby greens.